Sunday, September 18, 2005

DEPARTURE!


Well, folks, this is it. In a few short hours, a new chapter opens in my life.

I fly out tomorrow (Sep 19), at noon, from DFW headed for Aberdeen.

The last few years in Dallas have been so eventful! God has been gracious, especially in allowing my life to intersect with many loved ones and dear friends, all of whom will sorely be missed. Being far away from those whom I care for so much is difficult. One friend likened this to amputation! That might be a rather draconian analogy, but I do I feel the pain, that's for sure. The "goodbyeing" has been quite an emotional drain. But in all things, the grace of our great God is sufficient, and upon that grace I prostrate myself; unto that grace I surrender (2 Cor 12:9). I am thankful beyond degree for all of y'all. God's richest blessings on all of you.

I am looking forward to my time at the University of Aberdeen--the focus on reading and writing, the challenges of producing a dissertation, the change of pace, the learning experiences, the bonny anatomy of the land, making new friends, exploring ministry opportunities in a new setting .... All of this promises to stretch me. Stretching is good! May God enable growth--in more ways than one. Thanks for your prayers.

I will keep in touch: through email, phone calls, and--here's a new one for me--through a blog on http://www.homiletix.org/. My intention is to keep journaling in this fashion on the web (I am calling it the aBeLOG) at least on a weekly basis. At some point in the future, that site will also serve as a clearing house for matters homiletical, especially scholarship in this vital area of pastoral ministry.

As I wind up this dispatch, may I take this opportunity publicly acknowledge my gratitude, again, for lives that have, in incredible fashion, impacted my own. I praise God for you and continue to hope expectantly and excitedly about such impact continuing into the future.



If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
If I settle on the far side of the sea,
Even there Your hand will guide me,
Your right hand will hold me fast.

Psalm 139:9-10 (NIV)

1 comment:

Samuel Pakalomattam said...

Friendswood, TX USA
09/20/02005

Dear Satish,

Thank you for telling of your new pursuits in life. Mine and my families prayers are with you in these endeavours!

May God Richly Bless you!

Sam Annicattu
http://annicattu.blogspot.com/