Monday, September 12, 2005

UNEMPLOYED!



I have hereby formally been inducted into the Hall of the Unemployed!

Last day of work was Friday, Sep 9, 2005. A momentous day for me: in all probability, Deo volente, I will not be undertaking the practice of medicine at this level ever again. A sad day, too. I didn't think, when I made the decision to quit--in the early part of this year--that I would miss dermatology. I do, and, even more, the people--patients, staff, coworkers, associate ....

But some things are more important than others .... (And, some things will, I'm expecting, be even more enjoyable!)

So on to Aberdeen ...

I leave Dallas on Mon, Sep 19, at around noon, and get to Aberdeen also around noon, local time, the next day.

Thanks for your prayers all these years. I covet them for the future as well.

Please know that you are being prayed for, too.

Rejoicing with you, in the firm grip of our Master, wherever we might be ...

Abe.


Jesus, Savior, pilot me
Over life’s tempestuous sea;
Unknown waves before me roll,
Hiding rock and treacherous shoal.
Chart and compass come from Thee;
Jesus, Savior, pilot me.

Edward Hopper (1871)

No comments: